This part of the Geocentrix website contains supporting materials for public lectures, magazine articles, etc..
Please feel free to download any of the material stored here for your own personal use. However, commercial use of these materials requires our prior permission - please contact Andrew Bond in this regard.
AGS Webinar September 2023
Second Generation Eurocode EN 1997: Where are We and Where are We Going?
The AGS’ upcoming webinar entitled, Second Generation Eurocode EN 1997: Where are We and Where are We Going? will present an overview of the Second-Generation Eurocode EN 1997: Geotechnical design –
- Part 1: General Rules
- Part 2: Ground Properties
- Part 3: Geotechnical Structures
Taking place on 20th September at 11am (approx. 2.5 hour duration), this virtual event will bring delegates up-to-date with the current development progress and will highlight some of the proposed changes and additions to the current published version of BS EN 1997-1 and 2.
The webinar will feature guests speakers:
- Chris Raison (Raison Foster Associates)
- Stuart Hardy (Laing O Rourke)
- Andrew Bond (Geocentrix)
- Matthew Baldwin (Independent Consultant)
... and will also provide opportunities for delegates to ask the speakers questions about how the Eurocodes will affect geotechnical design.
Download Andrew Bond's presentations here:
Preparing for the 2nd generation Eurocodes
2nd generation geotechnical design
Registration costs £30 + VAT at the AGS website
Are you aware of the 2nd Generation of Eurocodes being introduced? Yes? No? Maybe? Would you like some more information regardless so you can be fully prepared?
Join us at Geotechnica 2023, the UK's Premier Geotechnical Conference and Exhibition, on Wednesday, 5th July at the Warwickshire Event Centre!
The event will open with an insightful keynote by Andrew Bond, Managing Director of Geocentrix, as he shares insights on getting ready for the 2nd Generation Eurocodes. Discover how these Standards will drive the industry forward and shape the future of geotechnical engineering.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to stay ahead of the curve!
Download Andrew's presentation to Geotechnica here:
Get ready for the 2nd generation Eurocodes
Registration is FREE at www.geotechnica.co.uk
Engineering Group Annual Conference
CPD Day 2019
Andrew Bond will be giving a lecture at the EGGS Annual Conference on 11th April, entitled:
The role of the ground model in the 2nd generation of Eurocode 7
A second generation of Eurocodes are being prepared for publication within the next 3-4 years. A key addition to Eurocode 7 will be the introduction of ‘the Ground Model’. This presentation will discuss what role the Ground Model will play in geotechnical design across Europe going forwards.
Speaker and subjects
- Dr Andrew Bond (Geocentrix Ltd)
- The role of the ground model in the 2nd generation of Eurocode 7
- Dr Andy Hart (Atkins, member of the SNC-Lavalin Group)
- Ground Modelling - Understanding your site through observation, data collection and curiosity
- Steve Thorpe (British Geological Survey)
- BGS datasets and the Dig-To-Share project
- Judith Nathanail (Land Quality Management Ltd)
- Conceptual Site Models - using the ground model to understand and manage the risks from contaminated land