This course has been completely rewritten to cover the second generation of Eurocode 3, with emphasis on particular aspects of steel design that are affected by contact with the gound.
It provides a detailed examination of Eurocode 3's requirements for the design of embedded sheet pile walls, bearing piles, and walings.
- General rules for steel foundations
- Steel bearing piles
- Steel sheet pile walls
- Buckling of steel piles
- Walings and tie-rods
- Execution of steel piling
Our Structural Design courses assume no prior knowledge of Eurocode 3 (but essential aspects are reviewed).
'Design of steel foundations' is presented by Dr Andrew Bond (of Geocentrix).
Andrew is the Chair of BSI committee B/526 Geotechnics (since July 2023) and was past-Chair of CEN committee TC250/SC7 Geotechnical design (from 2010-2019). He played a key role in the development of the 2nd Generation Eurocode 7. Andrew has been a UK delegate on SC7 since 1997.
Want to know what previous delegates thought about our courses? Click here.
How to book:
- Register on the right for the individual lectures you want to atttend
- Visit our online shopping cart to make your payment for the course
- (Alternatively) Contact us with details for invoicing. Payment must be received prior to commencement of the course
Please contact Jenny Bond at Geocentrix to arrange a course tailored to your needs.