The design of retaining walls involves serveral different technologies, depending on the type of wall involved. This course brings practising engineers up-to-speed with the modern design techniques.
- Wall selection
- Basis of retaining wall design
- Earth and pore water pressures
- Gravity walls
- Embedded walls
- Reinforced fill walls
The 'Understanding retaining wall design' courses requires no prior knowledge of retaining wall design but does require a basic knowledge of geotechnical design.
'Understanding Retaining Wall Design' is presented by Dr Andrew Bond (of Geocentrix).
Andrew is the Chair of BSI committee B/526 Geotechnics (since July 2023) and was past-Chair of CEN committee TC250/SC7 Geotechnical design (from 2010-2019). He played a key role in the development of the 2nd Generation Eurocode 7. Andrew has been a UK delegate on SC7 since 1997.
How to book:
- Register on the right for the individual lectures you want to atttend
- Visit our online shopping cart to make your payment for the course
- (Alternatively) Contact us with details for invoicing. Payment must be received prior to commencement of the course
Please contact Jenny Bond at Geocentrix to arrange a course tailored to your needs.